Looking within ourselves is one of the first steps we can take on the journey to understanding the pain of our past and the potential of our future. And reading is always one of my go-to ways to dig deep into the causes of my stress, fear, and discontentment, and how to overcome them.
I hope these listings will give you the inner emotional and mental strength that I continue to use to break down my breakdown.
Want to read them yourself? I made it super easy for you with links straight to Amazon.
- Bad Feminist: Roxane Gay
- We Should All Be Feminists: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (A MUST READ!)
- Until Today! Daily Devotions for Spiritual Growth and Peace of Mind: Iyanla Vanzant
- Women, Race & Class: Angela Y. Davis
- The Power of NOW: Eckhart Tolle
- A New Earth: Awakening Your Life’s Purpose: Eckhart Tolle
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff… and It’s All Small Stuff: Richard Carlson
- Your Best Life Begins Each Morning: Joel Osteen
Check back for updates!
Sign up for weekly self-care tips, empowerment and positive content for women of color, directly to your inbox!
+ free E-Book: “37 Ways to Practice Self-Care Daily!“